Tuesday 7th March, 2017
Thank you to everyone who supported our Cheltenham Festival Preview last night. It was great to see so many members of the Adlestrop Club and other owners in attendance.
Many thanks to the panel who gave up their time so generously for a great cause. This year it was John Francome’s choice of the Carers Trust.
There were lots of interesting discussions about this year’s Festival which once again looks to be an absolute cracker. Many issues came out including Francome’s distrust of Yorkhill’s jumping and Phil Smith’s opinion that if there is a potential good Gold Cup winner in this year’s blue riband, it is Outlander.
Many thanks to Neil Phillips – The Wine Tipster, for coming along to give us a jaunty angle to selections from the wine world – so possibly a double on Barcardys and Champagne West could be the answer.
Rick ‘Statto’ Allen was quite interesting for once and had some clear facts. Especially the fact that many previous winners of the Gold Cup had not run in the race before, therefore Native River is a strong selection.
Simon Clare of Corals very kindly offered £50 charity bets for the panel and here are their selections:
- Richard Phillips – A Genie In Abottle National Hunt Chase
- John Francome – Un De Sceaux
- Simon Clare – Top Notch JLT Novices Chase
- Phil Smith – Ireland to win the Prestbury Cup and Outlander Gold Cup
- Rick Allen – Cantlow, Yanworth, Unowhatimeanharry
- Neil Phillips – Champagne West each way Gold Cup